About our boat
The Fiordland Jewel is a 24m, three-deck catamaran with a high quality 5-star marine fit-out. Our Milford Sound Overnight Cruise sleeps 20 passengers a night and on our Fiordland and Stewart Island private charters and our small group scenic boat expeditions we cater to a maximum of 18 passengers in nine climate-controlled cabins, each with their own ensuite bathroom.
The Fiordland Jewel was designed and built by Fiordland Discovery owner and skipper Rob Swale.
- 1 x Governor Cabin. At the top of the boat all by itself with its own full width forward window and large side windows. Super-King double bed, the ensuite has a separate shower and toilet.
- 4 x Captain Cook Cabins. All on the main deck all with sea views. Super-King double bed, each ensuite has a separate shower and toilet.
- 2 x Endeavour Cabins. Both on the main deck both with sea views. King single beds, each ensuite has a separate shower and toilet.
- 2 x Resolution Cabins. Both on the main deck both with sea views. 2 single bunks single beds, each ensuite has a combined shower and toilet.
Vessel Type: Custom designed and built twin crew catamaran powered by 2 Scania engines
Cruising Speed: 16 knots
THE FIORDLAND JEWEL IS A PURPOSE-BUILT, ONE-OF-A-KIND CATAMARAN, EXCLUSIVE IN FIORDLAND BECAUSE OF ITS:
- Helicopter pad.
- Top deck hot tub.
- Remote Operating Vehicle (ROV): The Fiordland Jewel hosts Fiordland’s first and only remote-operated vehicle, which provides high resolution live underwater footage. Our guests on our private charters and small group scenic boat expeditions may have the opportunity to view the enchanting sea life beneath the surface in real time from the comfort of the boat lounge.